We are thrilled to announce our newest Melton Travel Seminar to Greece. Led by Melton Travel Educator Avi Ben-Hur (co-leader of last year’s Within Borders Kallah), we will use magnificent Greece as the setting and explore the place of Jews and Judaism over two millennia in that great center of Western civilization. The striking Greek landscapes will be a match for the panorama of Jewish history as we explore:
• the ancient culture clash between Athens and Jerusalem
• Jewish settlements dating back 2200 years
• the flourishing of Ladino culture following the expulsions from Spain and Portugal
• the uniquely Jewish character of pre-Shoah Salonika
• the impact of the Holocaust on all of Greek Jewry
Join us for this unique Journey of Heart and Mind in one of the most fascinating and scenic countries in the world. The seminar is open to adults who enjoy in-depth educational travel, including all Melton students and graduates.